USA 2011 | 90 min. | Color
DVD NTSC | English, Spanish, Japanese
Shanti Generation: Yoga Skills for Youth Peacemakers merges yoga exercises and mindfulness techniques for youth ages 7 to 16. Developed by renowned youth yoga expert, Abby Wills, MA, and created in collaboration with teens, the program integrates a series of movements, breathing techniques and practices that facilitate inner calm, positive attitude and a strong, healthy body. Practicing just two times per week cultivates body awareness, flexibility, concentration, stress reduction and self-expression. Exercises are demonstrated by Abby’s students and set to positive grooves created by 311 bassist, Aaron Wills (aka P-Nut).
The DVD Features include:
• 5 unique half-hour practice sequences: Creating Happiness, Energy Amplified, Choosing Peace, Being Sound and Voice Choice Possibility
• Library of Poses: 18 mini sequences for Focus, Energy and Calm
• Breathing Room: 5 sequences featuring stress management and self-regulation.
• Self-Connection Room: two mindful awareness practices.
• Interviews with seven teen yoga students.
• Optional narration in Spanish and Japanese
• Over 30 unique options for beginner and experienced yogi’s